Mobile Frameworks - Android/iOS/Windows
Top Mobile Frameworks
1. Corona SDK :Corona SDK promises up to 10-times faster game and mobile development. How is that even possible? Because the Corona app backend framework relies entirely on Lua, a lightweight multi-paradigm programming language with a focus on speed, portability, extensibility, and ease-of-use. The official website hosts guides intended to turn complete beginners into seasoned pros. The guides go over everything from the basics of mobile development to more advanced topics. Corona SDK is 100 percent free, works both on Windows and Mac OS X, and supports real-time testing.
2. Xamarin :The framework was founded by the same people who have created Mono, an Ecma standard-compliant, .NET Framework-compatible set of tools. Xamarin offers developers a single C# codebase that can be used to produce native apps for all major mobile operating systems. Unlike many other frameworks, Xamarin has already been used by over 1.4 million developers from around the world. Thanks to Xamarin for Visual Studio, developers can take advantage of the power of Microsoft Visual Studio and all its advanced features, including code completion, IntelliSense, and debugging of apps on a simulator or a device. Xamarin Test Cloud makes it possible to instantly test apps on 2,000 real devices in the cloud. This is by far the best way how to deal with the heavy fragmentation of the Android ecosystem and released bug-free apps that work without any major issues.
4. TheAppBuilder :Used by some of the largest enterprises in the world, TheAppBuilder framework sports a codeless user interface to facilitate rapid app development. It works best when used to create company presentations and other information-based apps. The framework comes with pre-built blocks for push notifications, feedback, polls, content updates, analytics, and much more. Best of all, it integrates directly with Google Play, making it possible to publish finished apps with a single click.
7. Ionic :Ionic is a free and open-source framework licensed under the MIT license. It offers a whole library of components, gestures, and tools. Ionic allows you to developed progressive web and native mobile apps for every major app store — all with a single codebase. Thanks to premier native plugins, it’s extremely simple to use features like Bluetooth, Health Kit, and fingerprint authentication. Ionic is also about performance and optimization. All apps created using Ionic look and feel like they belong, and they perform equally well. So far, around 4 million apps have been built by 5 million Ionic developers from around the world. If you want to join them, visit the official website and learn more about this framework
8. Sencha Touch :Just like TheAppBuilder, Sencha Touch is an enterprise-focused framework for creating universal mobile apps. It leverages hardware acceleration techniques to achieve high performance. Sencha Comes with 50 built-in UI components and native looking themes, making it simple to create stunning apps that attract users. Included with the framework is a robust data package that can consume data from any backend data source. With this package, it’s possible to create collections of data using highly functional models that offer features such as sorting and filtering. Sencha Touch has received praise from United Heritage Life Insurance Company, Universal Mind, Jarvus Innovations, and other influential businesses and organizations.
Mobile Frameworks Interview Questions
1. When to use Xamarin.Forms vs Xamarin Native?
· Apps that require little platform-specific functionality
· Apps where code sharing is more important than custom UI.
Xamarin.IOS,Xamarin.Android: · Apps that require specialized interactions
· Apps with highly polished design.
· Apps that use many platform-specific APIs.
· Apps where custom UI is more important than code sharing.
2. What happens during the lifecycle of a React component?
At the highest level, React components have lifecycle events that fall into three general categories: · Initialization
· State/Property Updates
Every React component defines these events as a mechanism for managing its properties, state, and rendered output. Some of these events only happen once, others happen more frequently.
3. Mention what are the storage option does PhoneGap can access?
· Memory-store.js (MemoryStore)
· Websql-store.js (WebSqlStore)
· Is-store.js (LocalStorageStore)
4. Can Jasmine and Karma be used with NativeScript?
5.What’s The Difference Between “ionic Build” And “ionic Prepare”?
· Ionic prepare <platform> copies all files from the www folder into the target platform’s www folder.
· Ionic build <platform> also does this, but also builds the app’s source code so that it can be run on a simulator/emulator or a device.
6.Which type of GUI is supported by Sencha Touch?
GUI Support: Easily scales to different resolutions for maximum compatibility with different iPhone, iPad, and the various Android phones · HTML5 and CSS3 allow higher flexibility.
· Great support for animations and enhanced touch events
7. How Can You Test Ionic Applications?
Ionic applications are built using AngularJS. Angular has a rich set of test libraries and frameworks such as Jasmine and Karma test runner. These frameworks can be used to write unit tests for Ionic applications. Also, ionic-CLI provides live reload feature so the application can be tested in the browser. For example, the ionic serve command can be used to load the application in any browser. Thus, we can use Chrome Developer Tools or Mozilla Firefox with Firebug to debug and inspect Ionic applications.
8. Suppose You Are Designing An App Which Requires The Minimal Possible Distance To Be Calculated, Which Algorithm Will You Use?
Depth First Search Algorithm.
9. What Is The Gpl V3?
The GNU General Public License(GPL) is the most widely used free and open source software (FOSS) license in the world. The GPL was created and sponsored by the Free Software Foundation (FSF).