- Xavier Institute of Management
- Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship
- Xavier Institute of Management & Research
- Xavier Institute of Management, Jabalpur
- XLRI Xavier School of Management
- Xavier Institute of Social Service
- St. Joseph’s College of Business Administration
- St. Aloysius Institute of Management and Information Technology, etc.
- Business Management (BM)
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Global Business Management (GBM)
- General Management Programme (GMP)
Official website – http://www.xatonline.in/
|Application Process Start Date||August 20, 2018|
|Application Process End Date||November 30, 2018|
|Admit Card Download Date||December 20, 2018 onwards|
|Exam Date||January 6, 2019|
|Official Answer Key Release Date||Last week of January 2019|
|Result||January 31, 2019|
Exam Pattern of 2018
|Part-1: Time limit to solve – 170 minutes||
|Part-2: Time limit to solve – 35 minutes||
XAT Exam Syllabus
|1||Number system||Analytical Reasoning||Awards||Critical Reasoning|
|2||Arithmetic||Verbal Reasoning||Banking Industry||Reading Comprehension|
|3||Algebra||Books and Authors||Analogy- Vocab|
|5||Modern Math||Economy Banking||Para Jumble|
|7||Data Sufficiency-QA||Geography||Parajumble Direct|
|10||Miscellaneous||Phrase Replacement/Sentence Correction|
|11||Organization and Commissions||Idioms|
|12||Persons and Places||Antonyms and Synonyms|
|13||Polity||Odd One Out|
|14||Science||One Word Substitution|
|15||Sports||Phrase & Clause|
|16||Traditional General Knowledge||FIB- Vocab|
Sample XAT Entrance Exam Questions
The sum of series, (–100) + (–95) + (–90) + …+ 110 + 115 + 120, is
Choose one word for the following: ‘A doctor who treats children’
If x and y are real numbers, the minimum value of X2 + 4xy + 6y2 – 4y + 4 is
Choose one word for the following: ‘to cut something into two pieces’
If x and y are real numbers, least possible value of 4(x – 2)2 + 4(y – 3)2 – 2(x – 3)2 is:
Flat metal or Porcelain plate fixed on a wall as an ornament or memorial :
Frequently Asked Questions About XAT
- Q1. What is XAT?
- Q2. When notification for XAT registration is released?
- Q3. When XAT is conducted?
- Q4. When results of XAT are released?
- Q5. What are eligibility criteria for appearing for XAT?
- Q6. What is exam pattern of XAT?
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is a management entrance exam for post graduate courses for candidates aspiring to get into the B-schools that come under Xavier Association of Management Institutes, along with other B-school. It is a Computer Based Exam. Around 90 thousand students take XAT each year for 150+ B-schools.
The notification for XAT registration is usually released in August.
XAT is generally conducted on the first Sunday of January.
The results of XAT are usually announced in the last week of January.
The applicant must hold the Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized institution.
The pattern of XAT exam in term of the number of questions has seen continuous change over the years. Questions in XAT come from areas like Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, Decision Making, and Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension. The area-wise break-down of questions in the exam is shown in the table below:
|Part||Section||Number of questions||Duration (in min)|
|Part-I||Verbal and Logical Ability||24||170|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||27|